Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJB: DAL wants him to coach, he still wants to play
(09-01-2020, 12:50 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Let's see who the MBT chooses...him or Burke. It looks like Burke has emerged but they value JJB's locker room leadership and bench presence on the roster. That's pretty much the role he will get anywhere else in the league too at this point.

MBT is not choosing btwn JJB and Burke. They will be evaluating how much they can pay Burke bc other teams will be making him offers. It sounds like to hear JJB tell it he will need to go elsewhere to continue playing and I think I am good with that. He can coach for 20 years if he wants to but he might only have 1 or 2 more seasons where he can still play (if that).

(09-01-2020, 02:59 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Man, I might be head of the JJB fan club on the forum. And here's my message to JJB:

Pal, you're a Mav for life. I'd consider putting your jersey in the rafters. You have a coaching position as soon as you want it. If you need to play some more first, we'll help you find a team if you want. And as soon as you're done, come on home and coach our guys up.

I feel the exact same way. He is my profile pic and one of my favorite players ever. That being said ya I am good with him playing elsewhere and maybe finding a home here later on (see JET as an example).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: JJB: DAL wants him to coach, he still wants to play - by StepBackJay - 09-01-2020, 06:46 PM