Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 97, Clippers 111
(08-31-2020, 06:31 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Dahlsim, good sir, you're always an enjoyable read, whether I agree with you or not. May I offer an alternative theory to your take on Bobi and Rick? 

It's possible that Boban's success comes in small doses because his success must come in small doses. It might be that Boban's enourmous frame can't handle much more than the minutes he gets, and also, that too many minutes exposes him and to adjustments that will come from the oposing coach. It just might be that more Bobi would yield diminishing returns, and that Rick is playing him just the right amount. 

I know you probably have a reason why this suggestion is off base. But I'd just like to enter these thoughts into the public record.

Thanks 15th.  You know I always enjoy discussions with you whether we're on the same side of an issue or in a debate on different sides.  Its all good.  Tongue

I can't say you're off base and in fact those points have been put forth by others in the past about Boban. 
The reason I could never say its off base is because we can only speculate what would have happened has Boban played more minutes. 
Since we're usually talking about games where he doesn't get the chance to play those minutes and/or the offensive usage when he does, the assumption that he could not handle it or be effective can only be speculation. 

In the rare times where he has gotten extended run, we're seen some strong suggestion that he could produce just as he did in the shorter minutes.  How quickly we forget the MONSTER game Boban put up against these very Clippers this very season, when he was given the minutes and the opportunities. 

That much isn't speculation, which is why I suggest what I do. Its small sample sizes so that leaves plenty of room for speculation. 
What we also have seen consistently is MONSTER numbers in the limited minutes like we saw again in this playoff series. 
So we just find a way to give Coach Carlisle the benefit of any doubt if he chooses NOT to play an evidently productive player.  That's why I said he's untouchable as a Dallas coach.  If he doesn't decide to do something then by definition the MFFL assumes his reasons had to be right.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 97, Clippers 111 - by Dahlsim - 08-31-2020, 06:54 PM