Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
(08-28-2020, 08:51 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...9609772033

So, what if owner was in room and in fair play told Beverly to shut up becauseI pay your salary?  Imagine the outcry from players then, I can only imagine.

If any player wants to make a statement, walk away from your millions per year job and join the police.  Report back in 1 year on the difference you made.

(08-28-2020, 10:12 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 11:53 PM)ThunderMav Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 11:27 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Isn't in kinda ironic that the goal is to keep this thread about basketball and not politics when that's really the big disagreement with NBA fans right now. A lot of fans don't want politics with their sports. They just want to watch basketball.

Nailed it!!

Post of the year!!  

Wonder if everyone will fully understand your on target point.

Something changed here, back during LeChina Hong Kong we all spoke freely and had zero problems.  Fast forward and the only posts deleted or modified are conservative ones.  I had one modified and two deleted.  We posters never had any problems with each other until mods made it a problem.  When posters are ok with discussing back and forth why is modding needed?  This isn’t supposed to like twitter where one side is censored.  Thats what happened here.

Back to your post the very thing mods are doing is against what players are doing by injecting politics.

Thunder, I didn't delete any of your posts. I moved them to a dedicated thread.

I attempted to get everyone to reserve this thread for the boycotts, because it was a basketball topick that lots of news would be coming out about, and to move talk about the shooting to a different thread. Go back and read what I said. I just asked for you or others to have the shooting discussion in another thread (ROTW, Cave, or even a dedicated thread in the main forum!). I actually said this multiple times. I called your post inflamatory because I could forsee it creating a back and forth, right vs left, battle that would take over the boycott thread. 

And it's really ironic that you'd claim that I deleted conservative posts!!! I didn't. And the only post I deleted was one attacking you because of your conservative views!!! 

Pay attention, pal. 

Man, mod-ing is thankless work.

(08-28-2020, 02:23 AM)Darth Cuban Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 11:53 PM)ThunderMav Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 11:27 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Isn't in kinda ironic that the goal is to keep this thread about basketball and not politics when that's really the big disagreement with NBA fans right now. A lot of fans don't want politics with their sports. They just want to watch basketball.

Nailed it!!

Post of the year!!  

Wonder if everyone will fully understand your on target point.

Something changed here, back during LeChina Hong Kong we all spoke freely and had zero problems.  Fast forward and the only posts deleted or modified are conservative ones.  I had one modified and two deleted.  We posters never had any problems with each other until mods made it a problem.  When posters are ok with discussing back and forth why is modding needed?  This isn’t supposed to like twitter where one side is censored.  Thats what happened here.

Back to your post the very thing mods are doing is against what players are doing by injecting politics.
The post I remember seeing deleted was by HoosierDaddy. It did not look like he was making a “conservative” post.

No, you're correct. HoosierDaddy's post wasn't conservative. And I actually agreed with it, except that it called out and targeted Thunder, which is why I deleted it. 

Deleting HoosierDaddy's post was actually the only mistake I made. It offended HoosierDaddy, and I apologized to thim for it. 

I may have failed to keep the thread just about the boycott, but whatevs. Not that big a deal.

1.  Never said “you”, said a mod
2.  On iphone I don’t see these other boards you claim.  It beings me to the main topic board.  After you mentioned I had to go to top and look to and find these other boards and they are dead as a door nail.
3.  I looked and cannot find my deleted posts?
4.  Instead of modifying my post you easily could have PM’d means asked me to change offensive comments. 
5.  We never ever had any problems here until mods made them problems.  I posted at scout site and here, had over 41,000 posts at scout - never once had any problems with any poster.  Then mods made it a problem.
6.  You admit to having opposing views to me is that why you picked my post to modify and not one you agree with even if both were political in nature?
7.  Why now did you jump in to mod after years of quietness?  You sided with political views is my take

I would ask if anyone can keep an open mind and watch this video all the way through.  He explains in easy terms and I wish every player could watch it since this is what they are basing their fake outrage boycott on:

[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/UiG1ZObbqVk[/video]

I would ask if anyone can keep an open mind and watch this video all the way through.  He explains in easy terms and I wish every player could watch it since this is what they are basing their fake outrage boycott on:

[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/UiG1ZObbqVk[/video]
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players boycott games | All Game 5's are postponed and will be rescheduled - by ThunderMav - 08-28-2020, 02:26 PM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM