Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
It's easy to see how people like Thunder, myself and many others, feel about their opinions being censored/removed--it happens on a daily basis, just not here and I think that much is worth nothing. 

Aside from that, the NBA can do what it wants. It is private as we all know, but it does have culpability in what it promotes as messaging, and being that it's primary component is black americans, they choose to side on that side of the ideological spectrum. Right or wrong, that was their choice whether they were forced or coerced. 

That being said, it's not a good thing. The entirety of all this solves nothing--has solved nothing and has damaged it's product for years to come. What they have done, is to use this time to gain more power within the organization for themselves, which ultimately doesn't help the people they claim to be boycotting the games over. In a majority lack league, they are still clamoring for more power--and they have the leverage to do it. So to me, it's all a gigantic waste of time. 

People are responding out of emotion and dont care about the facts--their narrative is their guide posts and whatever doesn't fit it, is racist, etc. There is no reaching a group of people unwilling to look introspectively and contextually in order to solves issues and problems. The media knows this and fans the flames because the subsequent heat will generate votes towards the power they've been looking to gain from it. 

In short, they rely on people's ignorance of opposing views. Or, we may have lost sports, but what is politics (but another sport).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players boycott games | All Game 5's are postponed and will be rescheduled - by luka_skywalker_77 - 08-28-2020, 10:30 AM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM