Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
(08-27-2020, 11:53 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Something changed here, back during LeChina Hong Kong we all spoke freely and had zero problems.  Fast forward and the only posts deleted or modified are conservative ones.  I had one modified and two deleted.  We posters never had any problems with each other until mods made it a problem.  When posters are ok with discussing back and forth why is modding needed?  This isn’t supposed to like twitter where one side is censored.  Thats what happened here.

Hey Thunder,

I just want to step in and say that we're not trying to censor any side. Really. I understand fif made a mistake, but it was not out of a goal trying to censor a certain viewpoint. You've been around here a long time and you know fifteenth is as impartial and level headed as it comes. 

Our goal was to try to keep it about basketball and only basketball. We thought you originally made it off topic when you brought the Blake shooting up and followed that up with another story about how BLM rioters killed 2 people (1st post on page one). Which is not a bad thing by the way! I for one welcome all sides. But we did feel that while you brought up valid points, it wasn't basketball related and Fif tried his best to curtail it and move that conversation to an appropriate thread. By then the flood gates opened and an entire discourse had already stemmed from it. And once fif tried his hand at moderating, it was too little, too late and painted a warped picture than what was actually our intent. 

Overall we really didn't mean to make you feel like we're trying to silence a viewpoint. We all make mistakes and are trying to get better about modding in general. I hope you accept that explanation and we can all move past it without any ill-feelings. If anything we're on the same side about trying to keep politics out of basketball, which was our one and only reason of trying to move more political posts to a R.O.T.W thread.

Thanks for sparking a passionate discussion
SH
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players boycott games | All Game 5's are postponed and will be rescheduled - by SleepingHero - 08-28-2020, 12:39 AM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM