Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
(08-27-2020, 02:23 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 02:15 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: So again I know people want to make up their minds instantly and not change it no matter what details come later but here we have a few details like a) arrest b) taser c) knife in the driver's side floorboard, which was the door he opened. This is in addition to knowing that the cops were ordering him to stop and he was ignoring them. 

So again does resisting arrest and attempting to either get away in a car or grab a knife mean you deserve to get shot 7 times? I don't know but I am pretty sure resisting arrest increases your odds of getting injured or killed. I would like to know more ab police protocol in these type of situations.

Finally, my issue with all these stories is that there is really little thought given to the full context of what happened. Can you call something disturbing without immediately jumping to a final conclusion? It's seems to me that the latter happens with no due process. This isn't helping the conversion imo.

Of course, Blake...

shouldn't have kids with his girlfriend, Mama and Dada not living together is rough
shouldn't go to the women's house when she doesn' want him there
shouldn't resist arrest
shouldn't have a knife in his floor board

But none of that, in my mind, justifies shooting the guy in the back 7 times. 

But either way, there is no way around it, because of our (U.S.) history, a black man being shot in the back 7 times is going to be a gut punch to the country. 

Look,

Officers have to be able to handlle these situations better
The rioters are flat out wrong (Blake's Mom says this)
We have half the country saying trigger happy cops are the problem and half saying rioters are the problem. 
I say both are problems!!!

I would like to know police procedures on when they can use deadly force. I think the 7 times part is going to be tough to defend. On the other side are we going to say that people resisting arrest should just be allowed to flee the scene? Maybe? I think that could have some societal consequences but maybe that's better than what we have.

I think for example chasing shoplifters is a total waste of time and has gotten people injured or killed in the past. Why anybody thinks they should chase a shoplifter is beyond me. The crime is not worth it. Now go from that and work your way up to more serious crimes. At what point do you lose a grip on law and order bc people just don't respect the police as an institution? I wonder about this.

(08-27-2020, 02:27 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 02:23 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Of course, Blake...

shouldn't have kids with his girlfriend, Mama and Dada not living together is rough
shouldn't go to the women's house when she doesn' want him there
shouldn't resist arrest
shouldn't have a knife in his floor board

But none of that, in my mind, justifies shooting the guy in the back 7 times. 

But either way, there is no way around it, because of our (U.S.) history, a black man being shot in the back 7 times is going to be a gut punch to the country. 

Look,

Officers have to be able to handlle these situations better
The rioters are flat out wrong (Blake's Mom says this)
We have half the country saying trigger happy cops are the problem and half saying rioters are the problem. 
I say both are problems!!!

You see we can agree. This is exactly a type of message NBA players should be giving.

Have you heard any player or coach of any sport condemn rioting and violence?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players boycott games | All Game 5's are postponed and will be rescheduled - by StepBackJay - 08-27-2020, 02:28 PM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM