Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
(08-27-2020, 02:17 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 02:05 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I think something players could use their platform for is trying to make body cameras mandatory for all police nationwide.
I actually think the government should make that a federal law. That should make a lot of people happy I would think.

Not a bad idea but then a lot of these places do have body cams and the body cam footage doesn't always help bring much resolution. I still think it's probably better than not having cameras. Still I think sometimes police have some discretion in turning them on or off which seems like it would defeat the purpose.

All that to say having some kind of specific idea policy or otherwise would be helpful. Right now I hear a lot of calls for justice that aren't really specific enough to rally around. If the definition of success is that an unarmed black person (does any other race ever get shot btw?) will never get shot by police again then that's a tough bar to clear. We live in a country that has over 300 million people in it and thousands of police interactions a day.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players boycott games | All Game 5's are postponed and will be rescheduled - by StepBackJay - 08-27-2020, 02:22 PM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM