Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
(08-27-2020, 12:43 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: 2 day boycott of playing games in a league that supports you 100% and is willing to lose millions to do so is weak as hell mate. Mavs should extend their boycott (until KP is ready).

You're one of my favorite posters to read, so hope you don't get bent out of shape by me disagreeing with you, but I do. You saying "it's weak" is just an opinion, and I don't share it. I don't think those guys were thinking about whether they were being strong or weak. It's really irrelevant. They were legitimately upset and thinking about what they can do. Look, if you didn't agree with them not playing the game anyway, why then develop the opinion that they should have just boycotted the whole playoffs? That seems so arbitrary. 

Also, that term "virtue signaling" seems like a fake force field against someone saying "this is right" or "this is wrong". Fact is, though, that some things are right and some things are wrong. I've seen that around the interwebs a few times and it just seems like a silly conversation ender. 
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players boycott games | All Game 5's are postponed and will be rescheduled - by fifteenth - 08-27-2020, 01:00 PM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM