Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
(08-27-2020, 12:09 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I think that the players were deeply troubled by the shooting. I think that the Bucks felt it most accutely because it was in their backyard. I think, also, that the Bucks players felt some responsibility, both because it happened in their backyard and because they, as prodominately black men, feel some responsibility to use their platform to say things that won't be heard when other folks in the African American community say them. 

The Bucks decided not to play the game for those reasons. Then they reached out to the Attorney General to ask out what they could do and how they could help. 

I don't think any of that is weak.

2 day boycott of playing games in a league that supports you 100% and is willing to lose millions to do so is weak as hell mate. Mavs should extend their boycott (until KP is ready).

(08-27-2020, 12:42 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 11:40 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Weakest boycott of all time?

Nah, the only decision that makes sense. Yesterday was a mistake.

After the bucks decided not to play the rest of the league was stuck deciding between virtue signaling and $/fake championship aspirations
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players boycott games | All Game 5's are postponed and will be rescheduled - by IamDougieFresh - 08-27-2020, 12:43 PM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM