Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
(08-26-2020, 08:29 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1298769420224004102
[/url]"Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn
[url=https://twitter.com/wojespn]
"Statement from
@NBA_Coaches
Association: The NBA coaches support our players 100 percent. The restart happened largely because of the platform it provided. The baseless shootings of Jacob Blake and other black men and women by law enforcement underscores the need for action..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, here again we see the the problem, and it's really aggravating to myself and millions of other potential fans.  The Coaches Association has jumped to a conclusion, and presumes facts not in evidence.  We actually do not know that the Blake shooting was "baseless".  The coaches are just going along with the players, regardless of whether or not they have any facts to substantiate their claim.  Sorry if you don't think my post isn't about the boycott, but it is.

(08-26-2020, 07:33 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 07:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: All for greed

But it is not one way, on the league or owners only. Players wanted their money and glory too, that's why they came in the bubble. It is not like they were forced to come
Well, I want to make it clear that I respect what the players, coaches, and staff have done in agreeing to commit to the bubble.  That is no small commitment to make, especially for the players who have families.  The level of play has been excellent in some cases, and the entertainment value has been fantastic, as was amply demonstrated in the Mavs' game 4 win.  I of course understand that they wanted the money, but I think there was some altruism in their decision as well.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players boycott games | All Game 5's are postponed and will be rescheduled - by mtrot - 08-26-2020, 08:54 PM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM