Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
They can have it, sinking ship already:

Weekday afternoon games have certainly hurt, but the first weekend of the NBA Playoffs was no ratings bonanza either.

Compared to ABC’s first playoff game last year, Clippers-Warriors Game 1 on a Saturday night, ratings fell 23% (from 3.0) and viewership 21% (from 4.83M). The Lakers’ win ranks as ABC’s least-watched playoff opener in five years (2015 Pelicans-Warriors: 3.49M)

As for the other L.A. series, Sunday’s Clippers-Mavericks Game 4 averaged a 2.1 and 3.31 million on ABC — down 45% in ratings and 47% in viewership from Warriors-Clippers last year (3.8, 6.29M)

Friday’s Game 3 had a 1.5 and 2.27 million on TNT, down a tick and 10% respectively from last year (Blazers-Thunder: 1.6, 2.52M).

Out East, Sunday’s clinching Celtics-Sixers Game 4 averaged a 1.5 and 2.23 million — down 38% and 42% respectively from last year (Celtics-Pacers: 2.4, 3.84M), and ABC’s lowest rated and least-watched playoff game ever. 

Rounding out the recent action, TNT averaged a 1.2 and 1.87 million for Nuggets-Jazz Game 4 Sunday night, down 48% in ratings and 50% in viewership from Blazers-Thunder last year (2.3, 3.74M).

Raptors-Nets Game 4 drew a 0.9 and 1.45 million on TNT earlier Sunday night, down 44% and 46% respectively from Raptors-Magic last year (1.6, 2.69M). Game 3 Friday afternoon averaged a 0.17 and 245,000 on NBA TV.

Pacers-Heat Game 3 scored a 1.1 and 1.61 million on TNT Saturday — down 21% in ratings and 25% in viewership from Sixers-Nets last year (1.4, 2.13M) — with Monday evening’s clinching Game 4 at 1.73 million. Bucks-Magic Game 3 had a 0.8 and 1.16 million on TNT Saturday, with Monday’s Game 4 matinee clocking in at just 289,000 on NBA TV.

Finally, Rockets-Thunder Game 3 averaged a 1.1 and 1.76 million on ESPN Saturday — down 39% and 37% respectively from Nuggets-Spurs last year (1.8, 2.78M) — followed by a Monday afternoon Game 4 at 1.19 million on TNT.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2020/08...s-blazers/

Sorry if I offended anyone.  I don’t apologize for the content though.  I had no idea about this troll cave thingy.  I post on phone and don’t see things clearly.  Been posting here since the move and we always talked this stuff in the threads in front page at least during HK fiasco we did.  Had no idea we had another sub board.

Anyways, I’m done with NBA for good.  I will always hold posters here close to my heart and its been the best and smartest fans on any NBA board ever.  I consider most here my friend.  But I can’t take sports mixing politics any longer and am going to do my part to not give them any views or clicks.  I may check in time to time to see how you guys are doing on a personal level but have no reason to come and talk sports since I will not know anything.  

Networks should have told teams and league “if you don’t play you have to pay for our losses”.  Lots of behind the scenes people losing money.  Sports sites.  Twitter personalities.  Shows.  Its something players don’t think about.

If players care so much why don’t they all have equal pay?  Why not divide up pay equally?

Anyways, wanted to clear and say I’m sorry for posting in this thread.  Anyone ever getting to OKC send me a PM and we can meet for laughs and drinks.  My treat.  I’m a 20 year Navy vet and we take care of friends so PM me.  But be warned, I won’t come here often since I am quitting BB so may not get to it right away.

Good luck in your lives.

God Bless America!!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players boycott games | All Game 5's are postponed and will be rescheduled - by ThunderMav - 08-26-2020, 07:34 PM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM