Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 122, Clippers 130
Yeah I think Maxi did as good a job on KL as anybody could have. I got my issue with him and DFS combined going 1/9 from three but playing 69 minutes. Felt like they exhausted so much enegery on defense that they couldn't get the open shots to fall on the other hand. That's where we need to get more help in the offseason Imo, so that we're able to throw different looks at those guys.

Some stuff that annoyed me:

- that fricking shot from Shamet at the buzzer after we worked us into range
- the missed FTs from Luka
Add those two together and we'd be much closer to start the 4th, maybe the momentum shifts
- frickin Reggie Jackson making corner threes

Also:

- Clippers seemed to be much better prepared for Luka this time. Even in the 1st quarter we didn't get our usual production and it took a run in the late 2nd to catch some fire on that end.
- Kawhi is just a killer

TBH this was what I thought the entire series would look like. It only happened once now despite the fact that we've already played them three times. So big picture-wise we're good I guess.

On the bright side:

KP is just incredible over the first three games:
- 70% TS
- 136 ORtg, 117 DRtg, 25+ PER
- 24% usage on‌ly ==> we might need to get that up

Seth is just on fire. Huge performances from him. He's up to 30 mpg already but maybe you can plug him even more, I don't know. Tonight I would have been alright with sacrificng a few more DFS/Kleber minutes to have him on the court.

Another thing:

We need a dude outside of KP & Luka who stands up for the team when things get spicey. Can't have Luka/KP pick up technicals all the time.

Tim had a few scenes where I just don't understand why he doesn't take the good old legal-but-hard foul. I remember back to back possessions where he was the last man in transition where he first didn't contest at all and then tried to go for a weak charge. It's the playoffs, you're allowed to foul 6 times.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 122, Clippers 130 - by JamesConway - 08-22-2020, 06:02 AM