Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 127, Clippers 114
A few random thoughts...

They say that it's not a series until someone loses on their home floor. Since LAC was the "home" team I guess it's a real series now.

I love Boban as a counter to Harrell. He really erases Harrell's contributions. Boban's smart enough not to get sucked out of the lane because Harrell isn't going to shoot away from the basket and that makes driving difficult for the rest of the Clips. I was actually surprised he didn't play more last night.

I like this Burke guy. He's a very good ball handler, efficient passer and knows how to score. He has blazing speed to the basket that was frustrating the LAC guards all evening, including 6th Man candidate Williams. I know he's small, but I hope he's part of the team next year. Right now I like his game better than Brunson's. Interested in how he plays the rest of the way.

As stated above, the fouls seemed to kill any offensive rhythm for the Clips. Applying Hack-a-Shac to a whole team, Hack-a-Clip?

This was a good breakthrough win for the Mavs. They have now beaten all the WC "contenders" at least once, so they have proved they can play with anyone, even when things get ugly. And you have to be able to win the ugly games in the playoffs to get to the championship.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 127, Clippers 114 - by michaeltex - 08-20-2020, 08:47 AM