Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 110, Clippers 118
(08-18-2020, 09:42 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: That's true he didn't do the fist at a ref. Even then I can live with one touchy tech, but two in the same game on your star player? Ridiculous. You can't let two soft tech calls eject a star player in a playoff game. Completely unacceptable and it literally gave the win to the Clippers.

A big win for me this game was not seeing Justin Jackson play at all. He is such a liability on defense. I like giving MKG a chance in his spot. MKG obv hit a couple big 3s in the game. On defense you would think he'd stand out more. He really didn't stand out to me at least but I still think he makes the defense better than a Jackson would. Jackson should probably be used sparingly in this series.

Delon Wright only getting 6 minutes is interesting. His usage is a real head scratcher.

On top of the fact that the first tech was a touchy tech  as you said it was also KP having an instinctive reaction to what the replays showed was a terrible call! 
So the refs made a mistake on the foul call then compounded it with a quick tech on the players reaction to a bad call, before they even checked to see that their call was a bad call. 

Then Rick Carlisle made the mistake off failing to call for the replay before the technical had been called. 
Undecided

The 2nd technical then could be justified from a ref standpoint because of the idea of being a potential "escalation" but it also was the expected behavior when a big man sees another man threatening his star player.  The unwritten rules say that KP is supposed to protect his player in that situation. Refs should have a little bit of common sense realization of the situation.  Morris was the one who started that altercation and they essentially rewarded him and his team by ejecting KP.  Angry

Still that would have been avoided without the bad call on KP's great clean block in the first place and touchy tech based on his instinctive reaction to that bad call.  

Some really poor refereeing decisions there that definitely changed the entire game and playoff series.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 110, Clippers 118 - by Dahlsim - 08-18-2020, 04:48 PM