Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 110, Clippers 118
This is probably my favorite thread. Good job all. A few observations:

This Mavs team and Luka in particular showed outstanding resiliency in no less than three very unfortunate situations. That is a very good sign and is a good reason to be proud of our team as several mentioned. The opening of the game was one. A horrible 9-0 run early in the game after we had taken the lead. That was the second time the refs changed the game. They tried to change the game by allowing the Clippers to foul ridiculously in the first three minutes. (They did call 3 fouls which ended up putting them in foul trouble). That was the first time I was upset at how much three bad officiating outcomes changed the game. Then of course the 5-0 run previously described and the huge run they got after KP went out. Oops, that's 4. We recovered very well from all four of them and did some very good things down the stretch as far as end of game execution.

Free throws at 87.5 % is at Dirk level. We will take it. 

Our transition scoring continues to be truly awful. Ouch!!! twice at the end. 

Our defense was pretty decent. We just can't stop Leonard and George though we did get a few stops on them. However, our defense against their bench stars, Harrell and their 6th man guy was way better than usual. Boban was able to stop Harrell like four times. I was truly excited to see that. 

KP was having a real playoff game impact in his first game. That is a good sign even though he fell victim to Clipper crap. Why is it that the Clippers have always had guys that need to do bull crap things to get themselves going. Different Clippers but the same Clipper crap. I might even respect them if they would just play good basketball. I can put up with Patrick Beverly because he gets in foul trouble every time he is on the court against the Mavs. But Morris is just a typical Clipper.

Speaking of Morris, I look forward to the day when our Mavs are perceived well enough that we can pick up quality guys mid season for the playoff run. With Luka and KP, that is going to happen, maybe as early as next year. Are we encouraging them to tamper effectively?

Ya'll are so correct when you say our shots were completely different after KP went out. The rhythm was broken; the spacing was broken and the hero ball replaced it. However, Luka wisely said to himself, heck with this I am going to the hole and they could not stop him!
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 110, Clippers 118 - by Reunion Mav Old - 08-18-2020, 04:36 PM