Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt RAPTOR favs & 5.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
3 50.00%
Suns
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 75: DAL (43-32) @ PHX (34-39) | 102-128 loss
(08-13-2020, 05:33 PM)omahen Wrote: I would certainly bring Harris in the conversation and he is way better than THJ or Seth. So is Milsap. MPJ is still a role player at this stage of his career, but developing to be a star, if he remains healthy.

Harris has been underwhelming the last 2 seasons since his injury, shooting the ball at a Wes Matthews special 42% from the field and 33% from 3. I'd agree with you if this was 2 years ago, but I'd take THJ or Seth over Harris. Seth shot 45% from 3 this year. THJ 40% from 3, and before the bubble wasn't a turnstyle on defense. 
(08-13-2020, 05:33 PM)omahen Wrote: You are looking just the offensive side. All four are good defenders and Lakers are number one because they play excellent defense, not because they have the best offense. Green/Bradley or Green/Kuzma are arguably better than THJ/Seth 

And thats a fair point. But at the end of the day it's still arguable. Its not clear cut that Bradley/Green or Green/Kuzma are better than THJ/Seth or Seth/Maxi. But what is apparent is that the Lakers have much better 7th, 8th, and 9th guys. Mcgee>Powell. Morris>Jackson. Caruso>Wright. This is where the Mavs have to get better.

Maxi, Curry, DFS and THJ aren't bad rotation players on a playoff team. But Jackson is barely an NBA player. MKG cannot shoot. There's a good chance Powell never returns to form. Wright can't make a good choice for his life. This is where the Mavs are failing hard and where their lack of depth hurts them.

(08-13-2020, 05:40 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 05:34 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Right cause the Mavs have never looked different against teams in the regular season than the playoffs.

Yeah. And all others were just giving their absolute best throughout the season and have nothing left. I am sure Mavs will try some different schemes. But it is the approach that worries me. They are not showing any effort. Especially role players - the ones that should be giving most effort. Luka raised his defensive game, the rest didn't

Thats also a good point, but I feel like we're letting recency bias affect us here.

The Mavs had some pretty good effort games. Notably against Houston, MIL, and the Kings. But it hasn't been consistent. And they have gotten absolutely torched the last 2 games. But I hope its just because the Mavs are content with their seeding and are prepping for the playoffs. If not then, there are bigger conversations to be had with the coaching staff not getting the players to buy in.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 75: DAL (43-31) @ PHX (33-39) | Aug 13, 3 pm | Mavs 9.0 pt (!) dogs - by SleepingHero - 08-13-2020, 05:41 PM