Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt RAPTOR favs & 5.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
3 50.00%
Suns
50.00%
3 50.00%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 75: DAL (43-32) @ PHX (34-39) | 102-128 loss
(08-13-2020, 05:17 PM)omahen Wrote: This is just too difficult to watch. Absolutely zero defense. Mavs taking it easy the whole bubble time. You are wrong if you think they will show a different face against Clippers. I said Clippers win in five but I am affraid that was wishful thinking. 

We better not start Curry because he will be just exploited badly. I wish Mavs find their PnR and transition defense in the summer, because they sure forgot to bring it to Orlando.

Right cause the Mavs have never looked different against teams in the regular season than the playoffs.

Carlisle has shown he purposefully hides strategies against teams to use against them in the playoffs. See the 2014 series against the eventual champion Spurs. Mavs were the only ones to take the Spurs to 7 that year, and the Spurs cleaned up everyone else. Are you telling me 35 year old Dirk and Monta are that good? Or perhaps did Carlisle's coaching play a big role in how they defended Kawhi in that series. 

Now I'm not saying the Mavs are even favored to win a game against the Clips, and thats just because of the talent level of the Clips. But I think it's a bit obtuse to think how the Mavs looked against the Clips in the regular season is how the Mavs are going to be in the playoffs. 

Of course if Carlisle doesn't have any lineups or strategies and just plays the Clips straight up then I'll happily admit I'm wrong, but I think Carlisle is going to at least  try pull something from his sleeve. Maybe run a blitz action against Kawhi with Maxi and MKG and make PG beat them. It might horribly fail but I think the Mavs are going to be prepared.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 75: DAL (43-31) @ PHX (33-39) | Aug 13, 3 pm | Mavs 9.0 pt (!) dogs - by SleepingHero - 08-13-2020, 05:34 PM