Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 131, Trailblazers 134
As much as Omahen makes some good points from the how things could go wrong point of view, I noticed his recognition at the end that he could be proved wrong in a very happy way. 

Though offensive rebounding does tend to be the opposite of transition defense, a disciplined team can be trained to do either one on the coaches command AND learn to wisely chase the offensive rebounds at ONLY the wise times on their own instincts. We are not there yet but the Dirk led teams couldn't have gotten an offensive rebound in their dreams. When we won the title, preventing Miami's transition games stopped the majority of what they did. That was a brilliant move and only a very disciplined and coachable team could have done it. 

As for Portland, I agree with most or all points above. But, we really played well enough to execute the game winning play when we took the lead with about 4 seconds left. In spite of things going against us and our own mistakes, we were 4 seconds from winning with outstanding execution. THAT IS PROGRESS!

I must say though, my first reaction to seeing the replay was that Trey Burke completely blew the game by following a good pass with a stupid attempt to throw a block at the defender that was totally unneeded as DFS could easily get the shot off. I was congratulating him for being the GOAT in a baaaaaaa, black sheep sort of way like the original and better use of the word. 
Upon further review, the ref could have easily not called it. Burke may have stumbled into him by totally unfortunate accident. The refs may have been predisposed to see things in a pro-Portland way. I don't know. I think I am sticking with Trey the goat in a non-caps way because results are results. Just another lesson to learn. Now he can't think the 19 losses is not my fault because this one totally is. That being said, I really like what I am seeing from Trey Burke. If Rick and others can mold him like they have others into making smart decisions, he might be a fine part of our future at a good price.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 131, Trailblazers 134 - by Reunion Mav Old - 08-12-2020, 12:03 PM