Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THJ is terrible and these MAVs will be swept by the Clippers
(08-10-2020, 09:26 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: No one called it a successful off-season.

Plenty of people did, I didn't say you did. Just mentioning the 2019 offseason brings back my pain Smile  We would be so much better with another wing, even if mediocre one. 

(08-10-2020, 09:26 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: If I told you on the 20th there was a shot at Horford, would you still be upset (again in real time) about passing on Warren?

Yes, I would be. If we would took Warren I would gladly pay a couple of second rounders to free cap space for Horford by dumping Lee, perhaps even dumping Jackson would be enough - I don't remember the exact numbers anymore. And having a shot is not same as to be certain. Obviously I don't know how certain Mavs were Kemba will sign, but it didn't work out. Example - getting Warren and Brogdon would be same quality offseason as getting Kemba imho. If not better. Mediocre (at that time) Miami without any cap space signed Butler... This is stuff we are always writing about. Worry about how to free cap space once the star really commits. Not save a gazillion of cap space to come away empty handed. That is an immediate F offseason in my book. Especially since Mavs made this same mistake several seasons after 2011. 

(08-10-2020, 10:35 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Then you had the premature Powell-extension which entirely neglected the market value of non shooting bigs in the NBA

I wonder if that had something to do with Kemba. I think they have same agent. But yes, this extension was far too big. No way any other team would offer that money to Powell. His agent owes us big time.

(08-10-2020, 10:35 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Personally I have the offseason itself a pretty awful grade at the time.

A lot of you are Mavs fans longer then I am. I hear about "Donnie magic" all the time. However, outside of Nowitzki, Luka and KP trades, was there any other trade that was really good for Mavs? I think it was more or less a disaster from team building perspective from 2011 to 2017. Than Luka and KP happened, the rest was bad.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THJ is terrible and these MAVs will be swept by the Clippers - by omahen - 08-10-2020, 02:21 PM