Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 111, Clippers 126
(08-07-2020, 09:59 AM)omahen Wrote: How easy to say that. Luka can't get to the basket against Clippers as in other games, because they have many excellent defenders, big and strong enough. Plus they were throwing more bodies on him ignoring open three pointers from role players.

Of course it is easy to say, but my words in no way acted like it was easy for him to accomplish. I have stated that the Clippers are the HARDEST matchup for Luka, and I don't think it is close.

I am simply suggesting that if the Mavs and Luka want to climb the NBA mountain in the coming years then he is going to have to figure out a way to break down the Clips (or an elite team like them) off the dribble. Even if it is a brief breakdown, just to find the open role player. Luka didn't even do that well last night. The only thing he did well offensively (according to his standards) is shoot the three ball at a 40% clip. Yes, better talent 3-5 would help, but Luka has to make this growth himself as well.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 111, Clippers 126 - by Kammrath - 08-07-2020, 02:13 PM