Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR and 4.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
40.00%
2 40.00%
Clippers
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 71: LAC (46-22) @ DAL (41-30) | 111-126 loss
(08-06-2020, 08:35 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 08:30 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: So you're worried about matching up on defense, but your defense is horrible anyway? 

I was just arguing claims how Bobi would improve our defense. I didn't speak about the other side. However, I would certainly not put him in together with Porzingis. This made Clippers life easier as Zubac was on Bobi who he can guard instead on Porzingis, who he can't. Even when Bobi was out, Zubac was mostly not on KP. Bobi should go in against bench unit and feast on their smaller players.

I don't disagree with your basic point, basically its a defensive challenge to play a guy like Boban in todays NBA, but it would be a similar challenge to play most of the great centers of old like Shaq who were unstoppable forces inside but in no way could effectively chase all the small ball guys of today out to the 3 point line. 

Boban can feast on anyone, not just bench units.  In fact the Mavs have often been losing ground to bench units anyway, so its not like they have something that working consistently either way.  If you have an advantage you have to press your advantage against theirs, that's the only chance at being really competitive.   

Problem is, its not going to happen because Carlisle has an offensive scheme he loves, and its not an inside to out game.  Its high powered offense, except that it sputters consistently when the other team clamps down and its time to win games.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 71: LAC (46-22) @ DAL (41-30) | 111-126 loss - by Dahlsim - 08-06-2020, 08:46 PM