Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Kings 110
(08-05-2020, 07:30 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-05-2020, 06:38 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: do you have any feel for whether many of these guys are likely to still be around in a season or two

I think they like the core and they will try to keep it together. Unless some great opportunity appears

I agree they like the core. I think there is a conscious decision to not give up continuity just to stir the pot, which is probably going to drive some fans crazy. To me, right now this feels like an early season game with everyone sort of finding their comfort zone. Remember Luka's eye-popping stats the first month, while everyone else was running hot and cold?

Referring to the earlier comments about guarding Hardin and Westbrook, it's a little unfair to use them as an example since they do what they do to every team they play. To me, the challenge is just trying to make them work for it without adding to their point totals by fouling. Ball denial and burning their shot clock seem to be effective at putting pressure on them to go to hero ball, and we all know how that usually works out.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Kings 110 - by michaeltex - 08-06-2020, 09:17 AM