Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Kings 110
I think it was important for the team to learn how to "win ugly". It's not as much fun for the fans, but that's what it will take to break through to contender status. Was it just last season DAL set a record for close game losses? So this is an important step in learning how to play as a team.

Luka was awesome, as everyone is/has acknowledging. He's proven to be worth everything traded to get him.

KP was OK. I liked that he started driving and cutting once it was obvious the 3pt shot wasn't falling (0-7). The SAC bigs kept trying to mug him all game, but he still kept working.

Maxi didn't have a stellar game, but he filled in well at the end for KP. I want to particularly note one play at the end where Fox drove to the left side of the restricted area and was met by Maxi, who just swallowed Fox up and forced a poor shot that sort of took the air out of SAC.

Everybody else was pretty much a cipher. 

This felt like one of the DAL-SAC games back in the early 2000s when they had Webber, Peja, Christie, Miller and Bibby. Didn't matter what the records were, you knew you were in for a scrap.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 114, Kings 110 - by michaeltex - 08-05-2020, 09:05 AM