Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 149, Rockets 153
Was geht so, guys, hope y'all fine during these trying times!

While the ending to last night's game was frustrating to watch for sure, we shouldn't treat it as some sort of Game 7 in the WCF...

So, I'd rather share some non-Mavs related thoughts:

- The league has done a great job for tv audiences, I really like their set-up. Having previously watched German BBL as well as Bundesliga soccer finish their seasons without any fans in attendance, the NBA obviously took some pointers.

- NBA refs need to calm down, as they're on the verge of ruining these games. Foul calls are through the roof in basically every single game, disrupting any game flow. They have to adapt to these circumstances as well, so I'd like to give them the benefit of doubt.

- Having said that, Harden is pretty close to being a manufactured superstar. He's a great player, don't get me wrong, but a lot of his scoring comes down to defenders being scared of getting the whistle blown. Sometimes to no avail...

- Doris Burke is super irritating to listen to. She's a highly knowledgeable color-commentator, and yet she always sounds like an aunt talking about her nephews, totally in awe all the time with that soft inflection of hers.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 149, Rockets 153 - by Davevoid - 08-01-2020, 09:12 PM