Poll: How should we set up the gamethread & Dirkie poll?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Separate gamethread, post-gamethread, and Dirkie poll.
14.29%
4 14.29%
Separate gamethread and Dirkie poll.
53.57%
15 53.57%
Combine gamethread and Dirkie poll (adding poll AFTER the game).
32.14%
9 32.14%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How should we set up gamethread & Dirkie poll?
(10-24-2019, 09:18 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Don't know about how the Dirkie poll should be set up, but I'm not big on a Dirkie poll anyway. It's always going to be Luka or KP, unless they both threw up dogs of games and we lost, in which case there isn't a Dirkie. I would far rather have a post-game poll of the JET - who was the best of the other guys on roster on that particular night. We have such an interesting and sizeable stable of pretty-good guys next to Luka and KP; it will be interesting to see who helps the most.

I like that. For what its worth, the original “Dirkie” was actually meant to recognize exactly the type of player you’re describing — the most underrated / overperforming player of the night.

Dirk would almost always be the ‘player of the game’ and he was obviously the clear-cut #1 player over the course of the season for the team — so the Dirk-ie was created to recognize whoever stepped up to be Dirk’s “Dirkie” on any given night, which would be a different player all the time. At some point tho people just started voting for the best player overall tho. 

It sounds kinda weird now that I type it all out but it made perfect sense at the time lol. 

If we resume goin by that standard, I’d only vote for Luka or KP if they have an outstanding performance relative to their own expectation.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How should we set up gamethread & Dirkie poll? - by Mak - 10-25-2019, 10:29 AM