Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Scrimmage 3: Mavs vs. 76ers (118-115 OT win)
(07-30-2020, 08:36 AM)omahen Wrote: This would be great, although I think it is a bit light for Detroit. At least #31 would need to be added. I would still do it. I could see Wright flourish in a situation as Detroit and increase his trade value. Perhpas they could flip him for another smaller asset or two at TDL.

I have a new toy.  I got access to BBIndex and all of their data.  Richardson, at least the 19/20 version, and Wright both grade out as below average on an overall basis (both were better last season)  The thing you hope for in making a deal like this is that you improve team weaknesses without creating new weaknesses as you lose things Wright is good at.   He’s a strong finisher and playmaker and grades out as our best perimeter defender (not saying much).  Dallas is ranked 28th in the league in perimeter D, so we can’t give up any quality there.  

The team is also bad at finishing.  Richardson is above average, but not great, at those things, so no big step backwards.  In addition, Richardson moves really well without the ball (which might make him valuable on a team with Luka passing and some good shooters on the perimeter.  The Miami version was also a good perimeter shooter.  My point is this trade is probably more about fit than talent, but the fit seems strong.

Something else I noticed tooling around the site.  Dallas doesn’t need a specific position.  It needs perimeter D...again 28th of 30 teams.  We are just fine inside, but terrible outside.  Finishing at the rim is another weakness.  You know who does both and is a good off the ball mover and a good roll guy...DJonesJr.  If you could trade for Richardson and use the MLE on Jones Jr. And keep WCS, it would help the perimeter D a ton.  Other guys who are highly ranked at perimeter D include Dunn, Green, Beverly, Bazemore and Harkless.  The thing I like about Jones Jr. Is you can have one of he and DFS on the court at all times (two in D for O swaps late in games).  One issue is it would be hard to play him alongside Powell in a bench unit.  But, we don’t tend to platoon lineups anyway.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scrimmage 3: Mavs vs. 76ers (118-115 OT win) - by DanSchwartzgan - 07-30-2020, 10:37 PM