Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Scrimmage 3: Mavs vs. 76ers (118-115 OT win)
(07-30-2020, 07:52 AM)omahen Wrote: I think you are greatly underestimating the value experience and winning mentality brings, especially to the young team as Mavs. Guys like Horford can cruise through regular season and prove invaluable in play-offs. Look at the effect Paul has on OKC. I am sure he would have similarly valuable role here. 

(07-30-2020, 07:34 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Another argument for avoiding a pure PF/C type is we still have Powell

What if we include him in the deal? Something like:

Det: Powell, Z.Smith, #18, Phi pick(s)
Phi: Kennard, Rose, THJ
Dal: Horford, Richardson

It seems to be a well balanced deal that addresses needs for all.  However, there are some issues that will be tough to overcome.  Prior to the new season (formerly 7/1) you would need Dallas to add some salary and THJ would have to opt-in before being traded.  It is hard to see a deal with multiple picks after the new season year as two teams would be required to draft on behalf of Detroit and cross their fingers that nothing happens (plus THJ would have to play along in an extend and trade or sign and trade).

Personally, I'd try to do a smaller version where Detroit is forced to take Wright in order to get #18 and Z. Smith.  Dallas gets Richardson and Philly gets Rose/Kennard.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scrimmage 3: Mavs vs. 76ers (118-115 OT win) - by DanSchwartzgan - 07-30-2020, 08:18 AM