Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Powell's injury unlock KP or is it something else?
I think KP finally got right with his own thoughts, began to feel more comfortable and less conflicted. He is very tough on himself and thinks perhaps a bit too much. We heard him say that about himself a few times. 

He has also said that he likes his role playing the 5 better than the 4. 

I said a month ago that he needed to take the Tim Duncan bank shot. At the time he seemed halfway between the bank and the straight in shot. His rotation of his body wasn't right...and he missed a lot. He has clearly fixed that and he has clearly decided to not only take the bank shot but to work his way into position for that shot. Playing offense at all 3 levels has even resulted in him shooting better from 3. 

Overall, though coaching strategy and coaching him individually obviously had some effect, I think a lot of this is very simple: KP figured it out for himself and he and Luka have figured out some better ways to work together. 

I love what I'm seeing and if Powell were to come back say 90%, I don't forsee a problem though I do foresee Powell playing with the bench mob.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Powell's injury unlock KP or is it something else? - by Reunion Mav Old - 03-05-2020, 07:34 PM