Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 127, Pelicans 123
Great recap mavsluvr! My quick hit thoughts:
  • Maxi on Zion, WOW! One thought I had was Maxi hasn't seemed to do very well against other post players he's gone up against 1 on 1. I've seen him easily pushed aside or back in those matchups leading me to believe he doesn't play as big as he is. This game it seemed would be no different, however, he did stand his ground much of the time against Zion. With Zion (other than Jokic) clearly the biggest assignment Maxi has had, it made me think that maybe Zion hasn't learned to use his size as much as some of the other big players in the league, or basically he plays smaller than he is...maybe, and with only 1 game sample size, but I wonder.
  • Wish we could see more 2 big lineups with this team. WCS made a definite good impact on that game last night. I think Boban would have as well in short minutes.
  • While this was a great and fun battle with 2 teams going at it, I have to wonder about the playoff atmosphere. I guess in the sense of the crowd getting into it and the hype the players must have felt, I can see that. As far as the competition? Not sure NO as they are currently playing (and in the second night of a b2b) are a true playoff test. However, I think if our guys give the effort they did on both ends of the floor through the end of the regular season, they have a chance at the 4 seed.
  • DFS is better against the second unit as a defender (duh). That will probably be the biggest upgrade to make in the offseason, if we can get someone to lock down players on defense and can contribute on O. My favorite most likely available player is currently OPJ.
  • Still loving the KP passes out of the post/drive. That and his rebounding have been the biggest surprises to me from him this season. Also glad he's gotten back on track with his scoring, could use a few less 3's from him, but other than that, keep up the good work big guy!
  • With 50 3's attempted, we lived by the 3 this game. I have to wonder if RC truly believes that will win playoff games. Doesn't look like they'll be moving away from that philosophy, so here's to living by the 3 more.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 127, Pelicans 123 - by ItsGoTime - 03-05-2020, 10:23 AM