Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Heat 126
(03-01-2020, 10:09 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: However if you don’t have someone to complement that and continuously attack the basket your offense will become stagnant and over reliant on one aspect.

Luka has 18,7 drives per game, he is 5th in the league. Much worse shooters have less drives. Westbrook abandoned his 3 pointers because he is shooting 25 % from three! Houston also had to trade the other non three point shooter (Capella) in order to unleash Westbrook. It is yet to be seen how this will work in the play-offs. 

While I can agree there are games where he could shoot a couple of threes less, you are wrong in saying that step back three is his go to move in the clutch and that he should abandon the 3 point shot entirely. He is 21 years old, posting historic numbers and has all the freedom to develop himself in a complete player. Rather than demanding from him to abandon 3 point shot I want him to improve it. He is not 29 with seasons of proof he can't shoot it. His body is still developing and I am sure his shot will improve. Besides, taking difficult step backs is part of what enables him to drive. He needs defenders to be near him to beat them. He will have problems beating them if they just take two steps away from him. 

(03-01-2020, 10:33 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: Or at least practice your difficult shots, don't practice catch and shoot 3's if you're only taking long step backs.

Yeah, because Luka is not notorious for practicing all kind of difficult shots...
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Heat 126 - by omahen - 03-01-2020, 11:50 AM