07-19-2026, 07:13 AM
(07-18-2026, 11:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If I try to think of who might still want Gafford, and I narrow it down to those who might want him in a bigger role, befitting his salary, the ones that come to mind are LAC (which Dan has covered thoroughly), NOP and maybe Charlotte?
Anyone from those other two make sense? I know the Pelicans have a lot of people on the trade market at the moment. I think Trey Murphy is a little too sought after to be the prize of a Gafford trade...anything on Charlotte?
EDIT: Nevermind on NOP - forgot all about Queen (how could I?)
I keep coming back to TOR. I originally thought Poeltl would be the obvious outgoing, but looking at their roster, after the eventual KL trade…
IQ | Shead | Martin
Barrett | Walter
KL | CMB | Battle
Barnes | Graves | Anderson
Poeltl | Jackson-Davis
They need to keep Poeltl AND still add a good Center. We all know Poelt’s injury history by now. Even if he’s healthy, they have a major need for a serviceable bench Big. One that can start several games, if needed.
They also have roster spots open, so a 2 for 1 also makes sense. What about Barrett? I’m thinking something like Gafford+Klay?
It’s not one of my favorite fantasy trade ideas. Mostly because it doesn’t check every logical box, like some others. BUT I do think TOR still likes Gafford and has a major need IMO. Klay might even start there (with Barrett outgoing), or at least get tons of playing time (on a “contender”).


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)