07-14-2026, 09:48 AM
(07-14-2026, 08:54 AM)mvossman Wrote: I think Larry will play at both guard spots and Mathurin would eat heavily into his minutes. At this point I think I would rather watch Larry develop.
It is interesting. There are pure asset plays but even with that there needs to be a roadmap for minutes. While Dallas is not a very good team currently, they are a pretty deep team at certain positions. Anyone they acquire it needs to be deeply discussed how that player fits and is there a developmental path. ARe they willing to invest iin that player moving forward? For Mathurin it would probably need to be near 30 minutes per game and around 20 million per season. Is there a role for him at these #'s with the current roster? Will there be one in the future?
I don't know what their thoughts are on Max. If there is an interest in resigning him, that makes the cost Mathurin cost more difficult. Minutes get eaten up pretty quick.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)