07-10-2026, 05:51 PM
(07-10-2026, 05:39 PM)Winter Wrote: I guess taking it a step further, by making the frontcourt so big and mobile it's unlikely a player can be easily targeted by a smaller quicker players.
Careful with that. This was being sold around here like home made lemonade last summer, and it was AWFUL when put into practice. I agree they've add MORE big, mobile talent, but that doesn't mean you can only play big, mobile players.
Look at it this way: as of right now, I don't think a rotation can be created without Christie, De Larrea AND either Sasser or Nembhard playing significant minutes. There's not a single one of those guys who would be in the top 7 (right away) for any of the contenders. Christie would be a rotation player most places, but not a top 7 guy.
Meanwhile, they have three centers and possibly as many as six forwards who'd be in any rotation in the league, pretty much, with roughly 2/3 of those players being worth of top 7 inclusion somewhere.
I agree with what Mvossman said the other day about what fans think will equate to winning vs. what actually ends up being in the final 4 of the sport.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)