07-07-2026, 09:23 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2026, 09:25 AM by HoosierDaddyKid.)
With the Heat immediately starting to sell Giannis Antetokounmpo’s No. 34 jersey after his acquisition was finalized when the NBA’s moratorium lifted at 12:01 p.m. on Monday, that left the Heat searching for a remedy for those who purchased Antetokounmpo’s No. 34 Heat jersey before the number change became public a few hours later. “All Giannis jersey orders and personalized “ANTETOKOUNMPO” No. 34 jerseys will be fulfilled with the new No. 7,” according to a Heat spokesperson. “If fans purchased a Giannis jersey in-store, they’ll be able to exchange it for the new No. 7.” Rookie guard Ryan Conwell was initially set to wear No. 7 with the Heat after being acquired by Miami in the second round of this year’s draft. But with Antetokounmpo now wearing No. 7, Conwell is switching to No. 4. Conwell didn’t have much input on the matter, saying that somebody on the Heat’s equipment staff called him to say, “Yeah, big dog wants your number. You’re going to have to change.” “I mean, Giannis, he gets whatever he wants. I’m just now coming into the league,” Conwell said after scoring 26 points in the Heat’s 95-85 summer league win over the Golden State Warriors on Monday night at the California Classic in San Francisco. “So, I got a lot of work to do, and I’m trying to get to where he’s at.”
Miami Herald
Miami Herald

