07-06-2026, 02:59 PM
(07-06-2026, 02:50 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I wonder if we are under selling Larry on our depth charts. Since we didn't pursue any guards (other than possibly Simons), is there a world where he should move up some from where you have him as the third string SG (or creator if you wish)?
I could see them prioritizing him as PG over Sasser and Nembhard. It is tougher to see them prioritize him at SG with Klay still here. Like you say, Naji might be the main creator for the bench unit which would allow Larry a greater opportunity to be a secondary creator and spacer for that unit. Naji should look very different driving to the basket with all of the spacing that now seems to be available to the team.
I have my own doubts on Sergio being a good enough creator at the NBA level out of the gate. I think he will eventually get there. I think that's why I've viewed him more in my mind as an off-ball, secondary ball-handler guy in year 1. I have gone back and forth with the same thought you've had though. There's no telling what they think of Sasser either. We don't even know if it was a salary dump, where the Mavs just wanted the pick(s).. or if they paid 'something' to land him. Heck, I don't even know what I think of him to be honest.



![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)