07-05-2026, 09:17 AM
(07-05-2026, 08:41 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Not sure if it is just near the end of FA, but you are starting to hear Trey Murphy rumors. Not sure if NO will move him, but they could probably get max value now if they do decide to move him. IMO Boston would be at the front of the line. A lot of other contenders would jump at him.
NO is in a weird spot. They really have not done anything. They were actually trying to win last year down the stretch and still was losing. I would think now is the time to take a step back and start a rebuild. They sort of dodged a bullet sticking at 8 in the draft. I see no route where that team turns into a legit playoff team moving forward.
Detroit was rumored to be interested. He would slot in nicely there. But I don't know how motivated Joe Dumars would be to trade him to his old team. I've heard he was asking for at least 3 or 4 1sts for him. Not sure Murphy is worth that.

