07-03-2026, 10:13 PM
(07-03-2026, 09:59 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Waive Nembhard…. They better have traded for a damned good PG if they do that. Even less creation/playmaking/distribution. Yeah, I don’t see that at this point at all. Nothing is easy with their current roster crunch. In fact, the situation now would seem to indicate they have a two-for-one trade the other way planned that may or may not work out.
I remember when many on this board were saying Nembhard wouldn’t even take the conversion to the 15-man, so that he could be a FA, and get $10m+ a year. That was short lived, of course. He’s a decent 3rd PG type. Maybe he’ll become more. I don’t want to put a cap on his potential. He was just meh to me last year. He doesn’t fit the size and position versatility mold that this FO is clearly all about. I always root for the small guy, and hope he proves me wrong, I just don’t see “it” yet.
BUT I’m saying that he’s an easy waive because of his $2m salary. If roster spots become a problem, he’s one of the easier ones to release.

