07-03-2026, 01:20 PM
(07-03-2026, 01:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ok, so let's repeat the Henderson/Sharpe convo from yesterday, only about Mathurin:
What do we think his deal looks like? I would've said he'd get more than the MLE before FA started, but now I'm not sure I have a bead on it, frankly.
I buy the logic that he was the topic of conversations with Dallas before the deadline...since that was with IND, I'm sure it was about Gafford. Now that he's a Clipper, what would THEY want?
Mathurin is now Finnish. This will drag out forever. Clippers know nobody can pay more than the MLE without their cooperation. Mathurin knows, if he signs somewhere for the MLE, they match it. Other teams know, if they want him they´ll have to pay 15M+ per year and give assets to the Clippers. And so it begins. CU all in mid August for this one.

