06-30-2026, 04:42 PM
(06-30-2026, 04:28 PM)Winter Wrote: I'm not sure what they do here. Sasser might be a solid backup PG now, but DeLarrea will have to have some minutes (or vice-versa). I can't see another PG being acquired. We need another perimeter shooter - guard or wing. So the roster still doesn't make sense yet. I have to think another player or two will be coming in a trade.
I think De Larrea is more of a playmaker than Sasser, sure. I'm not convinced that either should be penciled in as the "backup PG" yet, at least not how I mean the term. I think the interest in Sasser is about POA defense (so defensive PG, I suppose) and spot up shooting/spacing for guys like Kyrie and Flagg. I also think De Larrea's easiest path onto the floor early is as an off-ball secondary guy, which is very possible, given his size.
All of that to say: I think you could possibly be right that another PG won't be added, but I don't agree that there isn't room for the right one, should they identify him.
Totally agree that shooting (from almost any position) is still a need, even after the presumed Sasser addition.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)