06-28-2026, 10:31 AM
(06-28-2026, 10:19 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: The Christie hate here is out of hand. The first half of the season - before Kidd had him doing things he’s not cut out to do - Christie has a TS% of .626 and was .426 from three. Everyone loves Naji, but we need people who can hit 3’s and that’s not him.
I think Kidd pushing Max to do those things he’s not cut out to do was actually the right call. In a lost season, it’s the perfect time to push the issue. That’s part of player development. Obviously, the results weren’t great with the expanded role/duties, but I have to think it could pay off in the long run. Same can be said for how Flagg was used. Still, Max is younger than several that were drafted last week. He seems like a hard worker, intangibles guy, so I think he will continue to get better. Ideally he’s a sniper off the bench for a good team RIGHT NOW, but he’s shown enough to project more for him IMO.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)