06-26-2026, 12:43 PM
(06-26-2026, 12:11 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I didn´t say he is not any good. I said that the trade is a ridiculous overpay, cause his contract is at best a net neutral. The Thunder clearly had to trade him and wanted to trade him. Not only for financial implications, but also roster spot availability. They had zero leverage to trade the player for positive assets. The it only takes one mantra, seems to only apply to Presti, but no other GM that needs to cut salary.
It´s hilarious how you all rationalized that the Pistons only got three 2nd round picks for Stewart, cause of the cap implications tied to the deal, but when the Thunder are in a much more precarious cap situation with a far inferior player, you once again rationalize it by pulling the "it only takes one card" and two 2nd round picks are more than fair compensation.
You think this is the result of some extrordinary/fair player value of I. Joe , and I think it´s the result of Presti being a master negotiator and talent evaluator.
Wasn't me and as far as I can tell that wasn't the majority opinion on this board. As far as I can tell the Stewart trade was pretty fair value.
I really don't get why you are doing this to yourself. It's the same story every single time. Outlandish predictions and trade proposals. Followed by reality crashing down on you. Followed by attempts to explain why reality got it wrong.
If you only look at it from OKC's perspective. Sure they need to dump salary. But that isn't changing the quality or the value of the player. Teams can try to use it as leverage in negotiations with OKC but that's not the primary goal for them. Pistons priority is their own roster. They desperately needed shooting. Joe was one of the best options on the market. It's not just OKC feeling some kind of pressure to get certain things done.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)