06-25-2026, 05:35 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2026, 05:41 PM by KillerLeft.)
(06-25-2026, 05:29 PM)Smitty Wrote: I do think we could be looking at it the wrong way yet again. MAYBE Flagg is the Point-Forward for this team throughout his career.
I just can't imagine anyone other than Harrison/Kidd thinking that way. I don't even think THEY thought that way. From my read of context, they seem to have fallen out over this exact argument, but neither really wanted Flagg to be the PG. I think it's as simple as Harrison thought DLO could do it and Kidd didn't. No other realistic alternative existed, so that was the end of things.
People have a tendency to take this argument to extremes. NOBODY is saying Flagg shouldn't play SOME point-forward. In fact, I could even get on board with the idea that he has the ball in his hands a lot during the ends of close games, for example.
But to have him play that way 2/3 of the time or more??? I'm sorry, but I think that is THE dumbest way they could possibly try to move forward. A healthy Kyrie doesn't even remove us from that reality comfortably enough, and the Mavs are one very likely Kyrie injury from being right back there.
It's INSANITY.
Maybe the only thing I really miss about the Nelsons (and Carlisle, too) is that they were always churning through PG prospects. It's like they weren't comfortable unless there were three bonafide NBA PG's on the roster, and after watching this team the last couple of seasons I finally understand why.



![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)