06-21-2026, 12:45 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2026, 12:50 PM by hakeemfaan.)
(06-21-2026, 07:34 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: The other thing I don't get is this: IF Mara is the target, why would OKC even be worried about trading up? I reeeeeaaaaaalllly don't think he's in danger of getting picked before 12, especially if he gets by ATL (he will, I bet). My guess is that their target is someone else...like Burries.
Usually in these kinds of deals there is a gentleman's agreement among the trading teams that they are not trading with each other for one to backstab the other. Of course they can't do anything if the Bucks or GS pick Burries in this scenario.
My bet is that if OKC does this deal it's for Yaxel because they're afraid GS might take him. OTOH If OKC does do a trade up with the Mavs and ends up picking Burries, it will be only because the Mavs have told them that they're not interested in him.
I also don't feel teams picking Mara are picking him just to counter Wemby but rather because he does have some intriguing tools to go with his size if he can defend in space. So if OKC is drawn to him and they feel that some team might trade up with GS or with the Bucks to snag him, that could also be another reason to move up.

