06-05-2026, 07:57 AM
Zuby remains one of my top guys with the Mavs 2nd FRP. He feels like a Masai guy as well. I don’t know if Grubel is right with the Top-20 consideration, but if so, I’d be perfectly fine with the Mavs trading up for him, if that’s their guy… The latest take from Nathan below:
@DraftDeeper
I can't believe Zuby Ejiofor isn't getting more mainstream attention in the 2026 NBA Draft. This is a player that, outside of shooting, doesn't have other major red flags. Normally, I'd be concerned about a forward that hasn't proven he's a shooting threat beyond what he did in a senior season. BUT... Ejiofor at 6'9" with a 7'2" wingspan at 245 lbs. has the strength and length to operate as a small-ball five in different capacities. Put that together with his ball handling as a four man who can take mismatches off the dribble, punish them in the post, and plays the offensive glass well to create second-chance scoring opportunities, and you have a pathway to generate offense outsdie of just camping on the wing or in the corners. You can play him in handoff actions, pick-and-roll, and even as a passing threat from the top of the floor. Zuby's 23% assist rate is a mark I'd be happy with from a combo guard or wing! He can cover almost any position on the floor defensively and has standout defensive playmaking metrics for a player his size and build. Having a player like Zuby is a luxury off the bench in today's NBA. He should be in firm consideration for a Top 25 pick, possibly Top 20.
@DraftDeeper
I can't believe Zuby Ejiofor isn't getting more mainstream attention in the 2026 NBA Draft. This is a player that, outside of shooting, doesn't have other major red flags. Normally, I'd be concerned about a forward that hasn't proven he's a shooting threat beyond what he did in a senior season. BUT... Ejiofor at 6'9" with a 7'2" wingspan at 245 lbs. has the strength and length to operate as a small-ball five in different capacities. Put that together with his ball handling as a four man who can take mismatches off the dribble, punish them in the post, and plays the offensive glass well to create second-chance scoring opportunities, and you have a pathway to generate offense outsdie of just camping on the wing or in the corners. You can play him in handoff actions, pick-and-roll, and even as a passing threat from the top of the floor. Zuby's 23% assist rate is a mark I'd be happy with from a combo guard or wing! He can cover almost any position on the floor defensively and has standout defensive playmaking metrics for a player his size and build. Having a player like Zuby is a luxury off the bench in today's NBA. He should be in firm consideration for a Top 25 pick, possibly Top 20.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)