05-27-2026, 01:56 PM
(05-27-2026, 01:35 PM)F Gump Wrote: I heard Masai speak of the priority of building around CF. I didn't hear that expressed to the exclusion of winning. (Maybe I missed it.) I did hear him say (multiple times) that they want a Kyrie-Flagg combo. Do we just cherry pick his words to suit what WE want him to be thinking?
IMO he was expressing a desire to build in such a way that they get to the top, but to also start winning this season. (I don't expect them to have a fire sale of good players, for draft picks.)
Here is the direct quote:
“Every decision we’re going to make here is going to be future based. We’re not going to make decisions based on winning today.”
You make a valid point that he said they want to see a Kyrie-Flagg combo. I will say that it is to his benefit to say this regardless of what his actual plans are, both from a fan perspective and from a value perspective. He may also be of the mindset that they need to see Kyrie on the court in order to increase his value (something he obviously can't say publicly).

