05-23-2026, 09:15 PM
(05-23-2026, 06:34 PM)cow Wrote: With their asset pool, eye for talent, and being able to develop that talent, I could see them retooling and being a force for a while. The players on the team might look a lot different due to salary implications, but I wouldn't count them out.
I do wonder who they consider the core outside of SGA. My hate of Chet usually clouds my judgement there.
"I do wonder who they consider the core outside of SGA." -- Great question as to what OK should do, and I'm not sure of the right answer. Their payroll says their core is SGA, J Will, and Chet, as all of those have a max salary. But I'm skeptical of J Will and Chet, and I question whether each is really max-worthy (and if not, would OKC come to the same conclusion and at some point look for a taker).
This summer for them might be very interesting. They have to do SOMETHING, to shed some salary, but in some ways it seems they might be better served by moving on from different players than the obvious ones (which are the players with TO's, and the picks). If they do, they will be "breaking up" an elite team before they are absolutely forced to - which tends to be a really bad idea. We'll see what they pick.

