05-23-2026, 07:30 AM
I hate OKC, but man do I appreciate them. Crazy to think their run may just be starting.
It is crazy hard to have such a deep team and keep everyone happy. Even harder to not play much for a game and then jump right in the next game and produce. I mean there is a world where the coach makes good decisions but things just go wrong. That never appears to happen with OKC. As a team, they all appear to like each other and feels like there is very little ego. We can all argue how they play and what they get away with, but the players very rarely bitch or cause a scene on the floor. IMO this is a directive and the type of player they look for. They don't want players who are constantly arguing with the refs. I didn't see the second half and it sounds like SA got frustrated, but they to mostly seem to just play. After watching the brilliance of Luka for a long time, the one area I am not missing is the complaining. I think when your star (and owner) are your biggest complainers it can poison the waters for everyone. Ok, that was off target.
Anyway, Yes I hate them but man are they impressive. It seems like you need to lay out everything just to win one game. Series is not over and I think SA still has a shot, but that was impressive last night.
It is crazy hard to have such a deep team and keep everyone happy. Even harder to not play much for a game and then jump right in the next game and produce. I mean there is a world where the coach makes good decisions but things just go wrong. That never appears to happen with OKC. As a team, they all appear to like each other and feels like there is very little ego. We can all argue how they play and what they get away with, but the players very rarely bitch or cause a scene on the floor. IMO this is a directive and the type of player they look for. They don't want players who are constantly arguing with the refs. I didn't see the second half and it sounds like SA got frustrated, but they to mostly seem to just play. After watching the brilliance of Luka for a long time, the one area I am not missing is the complaining. I think when your star (and owner) are your biggest complainers it can poison the waters for everyone. Ok, that was off target.
Anyway, Yes I hate them but man are they impressive. It seems like you need to lay out everything just to win one game. Series is not over and I think SA still has a shot, but that was impressive last night.

