03-10-2026, 09:56 PM
(03-10-2026, 09:10 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
I would say that Thursday night's game is by far the most crucial must-lose the rest of the way. The Grizz want to catch us going down and the Pels want to catch us going up. I think we'll finish ahead of the Pels in the tank standings regardless of what happens in that game, but the Grizz are in question.
Good analysis ^.
Apparently Kidd is well aware too of the stakes, and is setting the stage for the Mavs making awful lineup decisions for a "reason" (supposedly) that isn't tanking. He said today: “We’re just looking at different combinations as we go forward and we can look at different starting lineups, different rotations. We have 18 games left to look at those things. We’ll start that tonight.”
The Mavs aren't looking for the BEST lineup to play, and win. They are looking for experimental combos, to see what happens. The team will play hard of course, but the end result is not expected to look good.
As a staunch member of Team Tank, I am thrilled.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)