Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do w/ Dwight Powell and his $33M?
(02-11-2020, 05:19 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Never been worth the contract, it was always smarter to just go with some random minimum-Center instead. That would have been a better use of caproom like I and many others preached over and over again last summer. The Center position is as team-friendly as it gets yet we still signed him to that contract for whatever unprofessional reason.

The injury is unfortunate but just adds to how much of a bad decision that extension was. His extension hasn't even kicked in, so not only we completely outbid ourselves without any reason we also did it prematurely and it now has bitten us in the butt.

Terrible move by the organization. We can only hope that he recovers over the next years. With his style of play he's as dependent on his athleticism as few other players are though.

I like the idea of adding on years to a player's deal before it expires. I kinda hope it doesn't scare them away  from that in the future. 
Just weird how they decided that player would be Powell. Reminds me of when we jumped on that Haywood deal and gave him a fairly large 6 year/$55 mil deal. Kinda crazy for a 30 year old. Imagine the world where we signed Chandler to that extension instead. He probably would have taken it in the summer of 2010
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What to do w/ Dwight Powell and his $33M? - by Jym - 02-12-2020, 03:09 AM