Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 6.5 pt RAPTOR & 8.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
60.00%
6 60.00%
Kings
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 55: SAC (21-33) @ DAL (33-22) | 130-111 win
(02-12-2020, 12:47 AM)omahen Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 06:11 PM)MrGoat Wrote: Not sure I like allowing Luka to rush back from the injury after already having reaggravated it once.

1. How do you know they are rushing him?
2. How do you know he reaggravated the first injury? It could be just a coincidence, ankle injuries are common.

Stop being internet doctors and trust the highly proffessional stuff!

1. I don't suspect they are rushing it. I suspect Luka is. With a star like him it would take some serious gumption from the staff to tell him no, and if his pain tolerance is good it would be hard to detect for the medical staff

I have actually taken a very similar ankle sprain before playing basketball and I rushed it back. I know exactly what it feels like and remember the doctor telling me not to rush it back because of the heightened risk of reaggravating it. It needs to be immobilized as much as it can and rehabbed, and you have no chance of returning until you can physically run again. That was when I returned, once I could run again after a couple of weeks. I probably should have given it another week or two because it was still painful but I could play. Ultimately I didn't even reaggravate it, but if I had I sure wouldn't have elected to come back for one relatively meaningless game before an extended break period that presented a chance to let it heal better before another long stretch of games. 

2. Seriously? It's the same effing injury on the same effing ankle on an injury I have been personally told before by a doctor that has a decent likelihood of being reaggravated if you rush it. It could be a coincidence but if it looks like, and smells like... etc

I'm am guessing based on what I've seen but it is an educated guess.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 55: SAC (21-32) @ DAL (32-22) | Feb 12, 7:30 pm | Mavs 6.5 pt favs (Luka back!) - by MrGoat - 02-12-2020, 02:00 AM